Friday, February 24, 2012

Rachel's Ribbon

Dear Sarah,

CWC released the first Blythe of 2012 today, Rachel's Ribbon. I also want to start reviewing the new girls, like I did for Alexis Emerald, so I figured this would be a good opportunity to begin.


Her description:

Rachel loves to give gifts to her friends. From small things to big things, she carefully wraps them in cute wrapping paper and a big ribbon before presenting them. When her friends get their gift, they instantly know that its from Rachel!

Rachel wears her one-piece with a ribbon print design and a mod-style coat with a hood.

The monotone ribbons on top of the brilliant blue really matches well this one-piece well. Within these ribbons a rabbit hides, and on this rabbit's ear, another ribbon is sewn.


The notion of play is important as well. Her body area is in a cut-and-sewn style and her raglan sleeves made from a translucent fabric.

Her coat is a mod-styled short coat, a bright khaki colored zip-up style. To enhance her girly look, laces are placed in the pockets and the opening of the sleeve. Fur has been added to the hood of the coat for another detail. Rachel also wears pink knee-high socks and black and brown long boots.

Her long hair is a new style, and is parted on the side with thick bangs and gives her the nuance of adult atmosphere. Her hair color is cinnamon brown with hints of pink on top, this is the very first time this has been done for a Neo Blythe!

Her eyeshadow is green, her cheeks and lips are pink, which looks great on her fair skin. Her eyes uses the default colors of pink and blue with two special colors, olive green and light brown.

Her face type is Radiance and her skin type is fair.
Her stand is pink.
Face type: Radiance
Skin Type:
Fair Make Up: Eye Shadow: Green, Lips:pink, Cheek: pink
Eye Color: Pink (right), Blue(front), Olive Green (left/special color) light brown(front/special color)
Hair Color: Cinnamon Brown Earring: yes (yellow ribbon)
Manicure: no
Set Details: doll, one piece, coat, earring, socks, boots, shorts, stand
Release Date: 2012 2/24th (Fri)
Price: 16,590yen (tax included)



For me, the first thing I look at is hair, which is why I chose Coral, a Simply Bubble Boom as my first Blythe and is why I have only one natural haired girl in my family. (I don't count Adalind...sure silver is natural, but now how she owns it.) I was really excited to hear that RaRi's hair was brown with pink, but it doesn't really look visible. It seems like it's just become one color, granted I haven't seen her in real life. And I'm not sure about the side part and bangs. A lot of people on BlytheKingdom say it's pretty 80s? It looks cute to me; I don't have any complaints with it:


I like her special eyechips, the olive and light brown, though I would have liked a darker brown. She seems washed out. I wish they'd get rid of those pinks and darken the blues, but I guess they want to keep them as a nod to the original Kenners. I guess it's not really a problem since it's easy to switch out.  Along with the darker brown eye chips, I think if they darkened her lips or cheeks she wouldn't look as washed out and boring. Or if her hair was darker with the pink.


And all her stock goodies. I really like her jacket and boots. Actually looking at her nude, she reminds me of Heart of Montmartre:


Both dolls are RBLs, have the same wavy hair and color as HoM's is described as being a "mixture of pink and light brown," and that slightly washed out look. But HoM has much better stock clothes and eyes:


C'mon CWC/Takara, there's plenty of ideas out there and designers who would be willing to create a doll! How about another green haired one? Or how about more FBLs? Or like the older releases who used to come with two dresses and maybe even another wig?

I don't think I'll be getting Rachel's Ribbon, even before I saw Alexis Emerald. CWC released the March girl, and it's not AE. She is a designer girl, but isn't too exciting. I'll review her in the next few days. Personally I find RaRi boring. I kinda like her hair, but not enough to buy her NRFB. If I ever get one it'd either be a nude/cheap eBay find for customizing or a heavily customized one. I just find her washed out and boring. Sorry Takara/CWC, try again.

But if you see that little jacket on BK's Sundries or anything, let me know, because I really want it!

Check out Rachel's Flickr group HERE. There's mixed reviews and and a comparison between RaRa, HoM, Vinter Arden and Mademoiselle Rosebud. (MRB)

What do you think?

♥ Jillie

1 comment:

  1. She is VERY similar to HoM. I agree with you - why can't CWC come up with something original?! I'd love to see another green haired girl, or maybe deep purple?

    ReplyDelete